04/09/2012

Golden Uchikake

Featuring this absolutely stunning golden uchikake found on K-Bridal <3.



Wedding reception kimono are most commonly red, so this golden one instantly caught my eye. I wouldn't really call it quaint, thou... Gold is a typical color in formal kimono, and this soft, light shade with hints of red and white (other two kimono classic colors...) over the white shiromuku gives the whole garnment a delicate, somewhat pastel effect - wich evoques a classic look.

The tsuru (cranes) are also the theme for uchikake, and the kiku (chrisanthemum) makes me think this would be perfect for an Autumn wedding (a most auspicious season for the occasion, if I'm not mistaken).

I loved how this escapes the "obvious" red
uchikake and still looks so elegant and traditional!


2 comentários: